song of the day: if i wanted someone by dawes
a few months back my friend amanda and i got really ambitious and decided to start a bucketlist project. as cliche as it may sound it really changed our outlook on life and we’ve loved challenging ourselves to cross items off. here’s my list so far (the starred items are the ones i’ve already completed)…
1. live in brasil
2. learn portuguese
3. learn to surf
4. get my center split
5. make $100 street performing
6. do something crazy for love
7. learn to skateboard
8. swim with sharks
9. face my biggest fear: perform stand up
10. apologize to the 3 people i’ve hurt most, thank the 3 people who have helped me most, and reconnect with 3 people i thought i’d never speak to again
11. sneak into a big hollywood event
12. fall in love
13. go to burning man
14. build a school in a developing country
15. buy either a jeep wrangler or a 1970s ford bronco
16. compete in a pole competition
17. attend a world cup game
18. send a message in a bottle
19. sleep in a haunted house
20. paint a mural
21. take a deserving kid on a shopping spree
22. help solve a crime or arrest someone
23. throw a party with fake alcohol and watch everyone get “drunk”
24. hang a pair of shoes on a power line*
25. go skydiving
26. go bungee jumping
27. visit all seven continents
28. learn parkour
29. learn to booty clap
30. steal a stranger’s parking ticket and pay for it
31. go to space
32. get my pilots license
33. give my number to an attractive stranger without saying anything to him*
34. dramatically kiss someone in an airport*
35. work in an orphanage
36. get my dive masters certification
37. scuba the great barrier reef
38. go to the amazon
39. go to san diego
40. complete the 28 inch pizza challenge
41. successfully flip/unflip myself in a kayak
42. sleep in a volcano
43. break into a swimming pool at night
44. dance on a bar
45. take a trip without planning a single thing
46. buy back my grandparent’s vacation home in vero beach, florida
47. learn to play guitar
48. make a difference in someone’s life*
49. perform on the santa monica promenade
50. buy a piaggio truck
51. water jetpack
52. help someone pay their college tuition
53. interview a serial killer
song of the day: little romance by ingrid michaelson
esto lo escribió una amiga mía, Laura, esta mañana por facebook. me pareció tan cierto, honesto, lindo e inspirador que tenía que compartirlo…
Voy subiendo por la calle 94 y depronto noto algo extraño, me siento algo muerta.
El verde fresco de los árboles que cubre la calle la 94 esta desaparenciendo!!! Me voy acercando y lo que veo es triste, los estan talando.
Señores: Los árboles refrescarían las ciudades abrasadas por el verano, los árboles pararían los vientos del invierno. Un árbol podía hacer muchas cosas: dar color, dar sombra, fruta, hogar a los pajaritos o convertirse en paraíso para los niños.
No logro entender como estando en el siglo 21 no seamos concientes del daño tan HP que le estamos ocasionando a la madre tierra. SOMOS UNA RAZA MUY EGOISTA Y POR ENDE ESTÚPIDA.
Quisiera saber a dónde tengo que ir o quién debo hablar para parar esta tala de árboles en la ciudad de Bogotá. Alquien que me ayude.
top five most overrated things…
- starbucks coffee- it tastes burnt. it’s overpriced. it’s not good. i don’t get it.
- georgetown cupcakes- they taste like any other cupcake and they’re overpriced as hell.
- yoga- can anyone honestly tell me they have the ability to quiet their mind for an hour??
- beach house- their music is boring and she sounds like a dude.
- money- mo money mo problems.
top five most underrated things…
- showering in the dark- have you tried it? it’s great.
- talking to people you don’t know- society doesn’t see this as acceptable but this is one of my favorite things ever. even if it turns out badly, it makes for a great story.
- flying lotus- he’s a musical genius. why can’t people see that?!
- brownies fresh out of the oven- forget the batter…
- waking up early- pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit outside and take it all in. instant boost.
“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life… You give them a piece of you.
They didn’t ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn’t your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness. So simple a phrase like “maybe we should just be friends” turns into a glass splinter working it’s way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It’s a soul hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
But Oh God, it’s amazing. It’s beautiful. And when it’s right, it’s the most heart warming thing in the whole world. So no, I don’t hate love. I hate that I need love.
I LOVE love.
More than anything, I love how simple it can be, and how amazing it feels to be loved.
Love is the only perfect thing in this world. Never pass up a chance to share it.”
“learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” - pablo picasso
“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.” -Washington Irving
we should all do this. every morning.